Wednesday 7 November 2012

Italy part 2

 I have been awake since 4.30 for some reason
so the house work has been done early and
has given me time to catch up with my favourite blogs.

Then I thought I would just finish off my holiday photos
before getting back to the serious business of 
of sewing and crafting. I have also got a book I have been ask to 
review but more on that later now back to Italy and
the amazing
Herculaneum which is a smaller site than Pompeii
but better preserved. It even has furniture still in situ,
as well as some fabulous mosaics and wall paintings.









This is a replica of a villa garden planted
with Medlar trees  which were there originally apparently.




Wall decoration still in place.




On to the Museum in Naples which houses the 
artefacts from Pompeii and Herculaneum.





in a stunning building


in to the Shopping Mall with it's beautiful roof


And amaze at the size of the cruise ships


Time for the Olive Harvest


and
Time to leave.


Hope you liked looking at a few of my holiday photos

and I'll see you again soon.

Gillx

3 comments:

  1. Ah, lovely, Gill, stunning photos, but I defy anyone not to take a good photo in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful - I love Italy and this is an area that I know I must visit now. Whenever I go, I just can't believe how many olive groves there are! xCathy Now .... get some sleep you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing holiday! Beautiful photos. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete