Sunday 12 January 2014

French Labels



It's my friends birthday this week and I've made her a present
which, as she hasn't opened it yet, I will have to wait for another day.
The problem was as she was coming over for coffee I had to wrap it quickly.
and I had no wrapping paper or even
brown paper left after Christmas and no time to buy any.



What I have got is loads of old french magazines so decided to 
use one of these to
make a paper bag,  which l really liked the look of.
Now I just needed a label  to complete the look.
So I raided my drawers and found
some luggage labels which was a bit boring and didn't quite
go with the look.
Back to the magazine and pick a picture.


Pick a luggage label and take off the string.


Stick it to the back of the magazine and smooth down
so no creases or bubbles


Cut it out with a sharp craft knife and 
re -attach the string

 and voila--as the french say.



I got a bit carried away.


 But my friend was thrilled with her present, lets hope she likes the 
contents as much.



Enjoy your day, I'm off to Lowestoft for Sunday lunch.
See you soon.
Gillxx

4 comments:

  1. That is so much better than usual wrapping paper I'd e delighted to receive that regardless of what was inside it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and I love the tags. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for wrapping
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous. If you dont mind I will be pinching that idea for some birthday surprises this year. Cant wait to see the contents of the bag! x Happy New year. x

    ReplyDelete