Monday 9 August 2010

not quite an ology.

Before I write any thing else I just want to thank everyone for your kind messages after the loss of my Mum. She was an incredible woman who had a long and eventful life.
She sometimes drove me around the bend but I couldn't have had the life and career I've had without her help and encouragement. I miss her already.





What do you think of my latest qualification? Mind you by the state of the photo you can tell it's not in photography.

I wrote a while back that I was doing a course on Felting well I have got my certificate and can now show you my course work. It's not profession Standards but it's another craft I can do and enjoy doing.


The first piece is just a plain piece in A4 size.



Then you move on to using more colours.



This one is the same on both sides.



Then felt beads these are so frustrating to get right.



Finishing with a handbag, which I have added a bit of needlefelting to just to liven it up a bit although it would need a handle for use I think.

Just a quick reminder that my giveaway finishes on Friday . I'll post the winner over the weekend.
In the meantime have a great week.
Gillxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Thanks by the way for my lovely Vintage swap goodies! The chocolate was just....as it said on the label...'Divine', didn't last long either!
    Funny, I always want to make the 'frustrating' bits in crafting, like your felt beads!

    Take care,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'd love to do a felting course one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gill, I just found your lovely blog via Jenny at Winniebriggshouse. I see you attended the Peterborough blogmeet, I had intended to come myself, but my son and his family were here for the weekend. I live in Lincolnshire, and I hope to get together with fellow bloggers if Jenny or anyone nearby sets one up. So sorry that your Mum passed away - I'm thinking of you. SueXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sue, I have entered you in my giveaway.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your felt - well done!
    I'm tempted by the courses at SST - did you enjoy it and find it useful?

    ReplyDelete