- Eileen from In my Playroom has given me an award which is very kind.The idea is that I tell you 11 things about myself, answer 11 questions that Eileen has asked, then pass it on to 11 others blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions.I not going to tell you 11 things about me because I'm very boring really and over the last few years there isn't much about me that hasn't been covered.I'm also not going to pass it on to any particular blogs as I follow so many it is difficult to pick which ones to give it to so it is open to anyone who wants it with the 11 questions at the bottom of the blog .Now to answer Eileens questions some of which were easy to answer but a others really had me thinkingSO1.Where do you work and what do you do?I no longer work as I retired early, I send my husband out to work and I do all sorts of things such as sewing and crochet etc.
- Have you ever won a prize in a competition and, if so, what did you win?We did win a trip to Paris in a raffle a couple of years ago, does that count as a competition?. Other than that I can't remember winning anything much
- What's your favourite song?This changes quite regularly but one that always springs to mind is Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street". It reminds me of my late teens living and working in London.Mike and the Machanics "in the living years" always makes me cry as it came out just after my Dad died and "Easy" by the Commadores is one for me and Mr T.
- Documentary or drama - which do you prefer?I do like a good historical documentary, Simon Schama or the one's that Ewan Macgregor did with his brother, not so keen on the ones following the people around. I also love a good conspiracy theory.
- Name the 4 guests (living or dead) you'd invite to a meal.Difficult oneAnne Bolyn- to find out if she was as bad as she was painted.Micheal Macintyre-for the entertainment.Jack Johnson--for the musicSteve McQueen-just to look at.
- Sport - what's your favourite sport and are you a player or a spectator?I love most sport and these days am mostly a spectator but have tried alot of different sports from rock climbing to surfing. I do quite a lot of cycling and watch it a lot both live and on TV.
- Do you prefer to holiday abroad or stay at home?I love to travel and go to new places so any holiday is a good holiday.
- What scares you?SPIDERS!!!!
- In a crowd or on your own - where are you most at ease?On my own everytime, not good with crowds.
- Bath or shower?Shower in the Summer and Baths in the winter to warm me up.
- Do you ever listen to plays on the radio?
No I'm afraid not I'm a radio 2 girl.
Now my questions to you
- What was your first job?
- What is the best/favourite thing you have made?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? (not including children--that's a given)
- What is your favourite children's book from your childhood?
- If money was no object where you would like to visit?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Town or Country?
- Have you ever been to a fancy dress party -if so what as?
- What is the favourite family meal in you house?
- What is your feel good film?
- What is your favourite decade and why?
write a post about them.
Sorry about the number 1 at the top can't seem to get rid of it.
Have fun and see you soon.