Saturday 12 October 2013

Ally Pally Day Out

So who else has been down to Londons Alexandra Palace
 for the "Knitting and Stitching show?"
My friend and I went on a coach trip
yesterday and had a fantastic time.
Both of us were broke when we left
with all the bits and pieces we bought
but I have to say for me the best part
was the fabulous exhibitions by the textile graduates
and  artists.
Here are some of my photos.







I went to have a word with long time bloggy
friend Sue from @home who had a stall selling her 
badges and pocket mirrors. It was lovely to 
meet her after chatting on line and sharing each others lives 
for so long. It was a very quick chat as 
thankfully for her she was very busy.
Hope it carried on in the same vain honey and it was worth
all the hard work. Can't wait to read her post about the hotel
which apparently left a lot to be desired.


This was one of my favourites booths 
and came away with one of their books.
I'm totally inspired to do more embroidery and really wish
I could have afforded to buy one of their pieces.





There was artist from all over the world
Sorry about the glare on this one but I love the picture 
which was so different from the ones above.

  
Then as we left I saw this which has been knitted
 by a whole host of people based on the characters from
a new childrens book due out called"Save snarky spuddle and ramfeezled", 
unfortunately for them they were parked outside 
and not allowed a  gazebo. 
It was pouring when 
we left and I felt so sorry for them.
We hit dreadful traffic on the way home so it was
a very long day but very enjoyable.

I haven't taken a photo of the things I got so will do that this week
so see you soon and let me know what you thought of the show if you went.

Gillxx

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous and fun day out. I'm not surprised you were broke! Some wonderful work there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab outing (besides the getting stuck in traffic on the way home bit!). Looking forward to seeing what you make with what you spent your pennies on :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn! I have a lovely book I sometimes take it to bed and look at it, then all night I'm dreaming/creating! The book is by Jan Beaney and it's called, "The Art of the Needle". Smashing, inspirational book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so lovely to see you Gill, if only briefly. It was a good show wasn't it..... The other stallholders were reporting the same thing, I loved those dresses just outside our room, I told Hermione to take a good look, as she has to do one for her A levels this year.
    SueX
    P.s I hope we get more chance to speak 'next time' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked a brilliant show Gill. I was hoping to go this year but couldnt make it, but I am glad you were able to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing these photos to give us a taster! Look forward to seeing what you bought!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete