Tuesday 4 May 2010

May 3rd

Well there goes another birthday, don't they come around quickly. Anyway being Bank Holiday the weather was of course horrible and the family were all living their lives elsewhere so I spent the day doing what I wanted to do.
My lovely friend Carol brought me around a birthday cake she had made. pretty isn't it.


Then I sat and had a look at my new books, good choices I think, although of course I did ask for them


After reading Cocotextiles blog. I was inspired to use that glass paint i found(see
Spring Cleaning
)to make acouple of tea light holders for the garden. Just the handles to add.


I have recently been playing around with crazy patchwork as I have so many fabric scraps and its fun adding bits of lace, embroidery etc to it.So feeling very creative I headed to my work room and finished the tea cosy which had come to a stand still.

.
I thought I'd turn another piece of crazy patchwork into a jewellery case for my friend Chris who is feeling a bit down at the moment. hope she likes it.



Then it was a bottle of sparkling wine in front of the telly, Now that's what I call a nice birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, love the things you made and great cake ! Belated Happy Birthday to you
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete