Sunday 9 January 2011

An award and a promise fulfilled.




I know that I have one member of my family who reads my blog ( Hi Sandra) but I have a suspicion that Mr T might also have a peek. I mentioned in my last post that I had been waiting for months to have a shelve put up in my work area, well guess what. Yes  it has been done without my having to ask again, so I'm wondering if he is a secret admirer.  The difference it makes to my work area is great.


All the jars of buttons used to be on my desk and it made it very cramped.


I had a wonderful surprised today, I have been given an award by Jenevieve at buttons,ribbons and other things so I have tell you 7 things about myself and pass the award on.






So hear goes:-
1, Even though I have been around the world this year, I really don't like flying and have to take tablets to cope.  It's the only way I can see the things I want to so for me the end justifies the means.
2. I am not the tidiest person in the world although I am better than I used to be, but i always seem to have something better to do than housework.
3. I love dogs and the 2 we have at the moment are numbers 5 and; 6.  My favourites are Labs and Spaniels, we have had 2 of each now.
4. I'm a real fan of costume dramas, in fact I have Downton Abbey on the DVD as I type.
5. Both my parents come from the West Country and that's where my brothers live. I love going down to see them, but I wouldn't move from beautiful Norfolk.




6. I returned to crafts to relieve the stresses and strains of work which had got the better of me and it is amazing the difference it has made.
7. It took me 3 attempts to pass my driving test at the age of 18 but I past my motor bike test first time at the age of 40. I had promised my Father I wouldn,t ride a bike and after waiting for so many years to waiting to learn I found I didn't like it.  Still at least I now know.

Now to pass it on to 10 others


So tell everyone 7 things about yourself and pass it on.  I'm off to Somerset for the week so will hopefully be posting from there.  Have a good week.

Gillx



9 comments:

  1. Hi hunny!
    Thank so much for my award....
    I have a lovely smile :))

    ((hugs))
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norfolk is beautiful :)
    I am sure most of us find other things than housework hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very kind of you!! Thank you !
    Have a lovely week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the 'make a month' - looking forward to making with you! Congratulations on the blog award! love annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to learn more about each other I like these awards for that, thanks for passing it on that's my 2nd today, I'm delighted :)
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh me again, forgot to add, your little sewing area looks fantastic!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh thank you so much Im flattered! Now I have to get thinking to pass it on .....
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sewing area looks great! Nice to find out a bit more about you too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the award, I might actually get around to passing it on but...Stylish! ME????

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete