Thursday 30 June 2011

Monthly makes



I realised the other day that I haven't been showing you my monthly makes 
but just been putting them onto Flickr. 
 So this month I have remembered.


I have been made to feel guilty by Justine at Sew Justine Sew who is completing all her unfinished projects. It made me remember that I had a dress cut out ready to sew. I brought the fabric in Bruni on my trip last year and it's a nice fine silk. 


Anyway I have finished it and,although this isn't a good photo, it's looks great on. I just need my little one to put it on so I can do the hem.

Having done this I was inspired to make myself something else. Remember my trip to the auction recently(here), well, I decided to try and use one of the pieces to make a skirt.
The fabric it's self is cotton with machine embroidery. I think it was originally a tablecloth but had been cut down.


The pattern was on old simplicity one that I used years ago and like a lot of things I hadn't got rid of. 
I always knew it was good to be a hoarder.



It has turned out better than I could hoped as it fits like a glove and the scalloped edge forms the hem which for me is great.  I hate sewing the hems.



The thing I most pleased with is the back seam.  I have layered it so that the scalloped edge shows down the back and forms the rear kick split.  

All I need now is a holiday or somewhere to wear them .  

Speak again soon.

Gillx

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for using old table cloths. Trouble is I've got to save mine for the next Aldborough Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are such a clever sausage lol,you never cease to inspire me to try things that I never think of,just lovely Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfits Gill
    Very clever
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog. Very pretty skirt you made. :)

    ReplyDelete